About the Thyroid Foundation of Canada
What we do
Some of the services provided by TFC include:
- a toll-free telephone line available to anyone in Canada 1-800-267-8822.
- educational material such as Health Guides on Thyroid Disease and TFC's newsletter, Thyrobulletin.
- TFC's website thyroid.ca providing free access by the public to thyroid information.
- annual Research Awards program provides funding for projects carried out in Canadian thyroid laboratories.
Chapter activities typically include:
- public education meetings with medical experts
- telephone help-lines
- community awareness and publicity
- fund-raising for thyroid disease research